In Sabah and Sarawak, Malaysian Borneo, the choice of tours, activities and accommodations for families is as diverse as the lands' eco treasures. It's truly amazing how far family holidays have come, the places you can go & the experiences you can have as a family.
Discover Borneo has a selection of tried and tested package tours that are ideally suited for a family with children as young as 18 months, but also we can help you create entirely tailor-made holidays for those looking to create a unique family holiday.
Contact our travel consultants now and start planning your holiday!
A great place to be based as a family is and around Kota Kinabalu, the capital of Sabah, as there are five star beach resorts by leading hotel groups that offer you the latest amenities and facilities, or comfortable lodgings for the budget conscious family, and they all feature Borneo's common aspect of warm hospitality.
Using the Kota Kinabalu beach resort as a base you can explore much of the eco treasures of Borneo on day excursions:
- The islands & reefs of the Tunku Abdul Rahman Marine Park
- The mountains of the crocker range and the Mnt Kinabalu Park Headquarters
- The boat cruises offered on the Klias river spotting big nosed probiscis and other wildlife
- The local markets and handicraft centres, museums and cultural villages
- The local orchid farm, crocodile farms, adventure parks, horse riding, and much much more.
Resorts with Kids' Clubs
Five minutes from the city centre of Kota Kinabalu, downtown five star resort hotels with kids' clubs include:
- Sutera Harbour Pacific Wing and Sutera Habour Magellan Wing
- Facilities at Sutera Harbour Resorts include several swimming pools, tenpin bowling, movie theatre, kids' club, regular kids' activities and water sports. For mum and dad there is a 27-hole golf course and Mandara Spa and gym.
- Shangri-La's Tanjung Aru
- Facilities at Tanjung Aru include kids' club complete with computer banks for the older kids, mini golf, swimming pools, regular kid's activities, water sports. For mum and dad, there is a spa and gym.
East coast five star resort hotels about 5 minutes from downtown with kids' clubs:
- Shangri-La's Rasa Ria
- For guests of the hotel only an Orang Utan Infirmary adjacent to hotel / bookings essential. Kids' club, swimming pools, regular kids' activities, water sports and focus on flora and fauna. For mum and dad, there is Dalit Bay Golf Club, gym and spa.
- Nexus Resort
- Kids' club, horse riding, all water sports, and regular kids' activities. For mum and dad, there is North Borneo Spa and Gym plus golf.
Both Nexus Resort and Shangri-La's Rasa Ria are 30 minutes north of town with regular shuttle services into Kota Kinabalu.
Accommodation for the family on a Budget:
- Langkah Syabas Beach Resort at Kinarut just South of Kota Kinabalu
- Beringgis Beach Resort, at Kinarut just South of Kota Kinabalu